Gift Vouchers

Gift vouchers available for all tuition, from only £25.00 See here for more details

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Icelandic trout

I was talking to Steve Cooper  (BFFI organisor) the other day and during the conversation on all matters fly fishing, he mentioned that he goes to Iceland (the country not the shop!) most years to fish for Trout and Char. I was suprised as I associate the fishing with Salmon only. So anyway he sent me some photos. Mega gob smacked is the only expression I can come up with ....... and trust me the kids bike is NOT a dinky toy version!

So when are we all going to Iceland???


On a real level had a great lesson today with John from Longridge. and gentleman of 70 years young! John was casting really well in no time at all and reachinig over 60ft with a simple shooting line cast - great technique! He followed that up with catching 3 rainbows all to dry fly!
Very enjoyable day all round.

1 comment:

  1. Blimey - nice fish. I wonder what fly he caught the bike on?

    We've got our X-Flites, brilliant rods. Not caught on them yet but been out on the field. Practice practice and practice some more. Seem to be getting a little better each time, we'll have to book another session soon as a refresher.

    ReplyDelete