Gift Vouchers

Gift vouchers available for all tuition, from only £25.00 See here for more details

Tuesday 10 August 2010

The River Ribble

Went river fishing myself today on a private stretch of the river Ribble. The E.A. river levels this morning showed the river 14cms up on normal summer level, so not enough water to fish for salmon so just went with a 9ft #5 and some trout flies.
Although the river was not up much, it was more coloured than I expected but perfectly fishable.

Almost from the start I was plagued with little Parr jumping all over my flies. It is a little annoying but on reflection it is a sign that the river is in good nick and producing our future sport. As soon as I begin to get a few plucks from these little guys  I move away and let them get on with the job of getting bigger!

Let me know if you can tell if this is a Salmon or Trout Parr, cause at this size, I can't tell the difference.



Managed to get into a couple of decent sized trout and a small Grayling so the day ended well. I decided to call it a day just as a horrible upstream wind kicked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment