Gift Vouchers

Gift vouchers available for all tuition, from only £25.00 See here for more details

Thursday 5 August 2010

River levels

Over the last few years whenever I had any doubt about the river levels I have used the E.A. rivercall number 09066 197733 which has certainly helped me to avoid frustrating trips to the river only to find that's it is unfishable.

Recently I discovered this service from the E.A. website, which lists basically the same info as the rivercall but obviously online!

Check it out and keep them in your favorites

River Ribble
Rivers Lune and Wyre
Rivers Eden, Eamont and Esk
River Wharfe
River Dee, North Wales
River Tyne
Other areas and rivers

A great service that will be very handy when planning your next river trip.

Beware that this info lists the height of the river NOT the colour!!! As a very basic rule of thumb, I assume that if the river is 0.3m or more above normal height then the colour could be an issue for trout and grayling fishing, at least..
If you have any other observations then please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment